Jenna M. Mausolf
Senior Consultant, Quality Risk Solutions, LLC
April 2015 to Present
- Senior safety and risk management consultant with experience in developing, implementing and sustaining safety and risk policy and procedures; safety auditing; training; and industrial hygiene measuring and monitoring.
Director of Safety
Leo J. Roth Corporation
February 2010 to April 2015
- Managed safety, health and environmental (SHE) processes; insurance claims; and human resource processes.
- Provided comprehensive SHE support to executive management, project managers, foremen, field personnel and subcontractors.
- Provided leadership initiatives for continuous improvement of company culture to align with the organization’s vision and values.
- Identified, evaluated, controlled or eliminated; and monitor areas of potential SHE risks on all projects, sheet metal and piping fabrication shop, warehouses and offices.
- Directed the implementation of new or modified SHE Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Developed, coordinated and presented employee SHE training; prepared, reviewed and approved Site Specific safety and health plans.
- Conducted SHE audits at projects, fabrication shop and warehouse to assure compliance with governmental regulations and company and customers/owners policies.
- Performed incident investigations and root cause analysis; determined and implemented corrective action.
- Company liaison for the following government agencies: OSHA, NYDEC and NYDOL.
- Interacted with legal counsel on SHE and liability related matters.
- Lead and managed corporate safety committee team; working committee that addresses and solves issues through developing or improving existing procedures and implementing those throughout the company.
- Manage certificate of insurance correspondence, review and approval and insurance claims for all policies.
Corporate EH&S Co-op; Industrial Hygienist Co-op
May 2008 to August 2009
- Conducted noise sampling and monitoring to assess employee exposures at sites throughout the Midwest; assisted in identifying the appropriate hearing protection to control exposures.
- Assisted in conducting personal air sampling for hexavalent chromium and welding fumes at the Moscow, OH plant.
- Assisted in the remediation of an OSHA 1910.1200 citation by performing chemical inventories and implementing chemical control measures at facilities throughout the Midwest; developed an audit checklist to monitor the implementation of the chemical control measures.
- Performed EHS audits at the Duke Energy Generating Site (DEGS) at Kodak Park in Rochester, NY.
- Assisted in environmental compliance documentation for air emissions at DEGS.
- Developed and implemented a fixed ladder inspection policy for the plant in accordance with OSHA 1910.27 at DEGS.
Summary of Qualifications
- Self-motivated, service oriented and results driven safety and risk management professional with experience as a leader in varied work environments.
- Committed to improving workplace performance and reducing incidents and associated costs.
- Continually strives to meet and exceed client’s safety, health and environmental expectations.
- Proven history of reducing Experience Modification Rates from 0.86 to 0.71 and OSHA total recordable incident rates from 15.94 to 2.99.
- Developed and managed a hazardous waste minimization plan that decreased annual disposal costs by 80%.
- Developed and maintained collaborative relationships with internal and external entities to support SHE activities.
- Effective communicator, well-organized, thrives in an independent work environment and possesses strong interpersonal skills (in both union and open shop environments).
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS, LEADERSHIP
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sustainability, Health and Safety; May-2010
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
- American Society of Safety Engineers – Vice President Genesee Chapter; Member; Jan-2012 to Present;
- Genesee Valley Safety Conference Inc., Rochester, NY - Board of Directors; 2014 to present
- R.I.T. Alumni Association – Board of Directors; Jan-2014 to present
- R.I.T. Athletic Association – Board of Directors; Jan-2015 to present
- R.I.T. Professional Member; Jun-2010 to present
- R.I.T. Women’s Leadership Workshop “Winning at the Game of Leadership” – Developer and Presenter, Mar-2015
- R.I.T. Undergraduate Chemistry and Materials Science – Research Symposium Project Reviewer; Aug-2013
- R.I.T. Women’s Career Leadership “Connecting for Career Success” – Panelist Member; Mar-2013
- Duke Energy Student Ambassador; 2009-2010